Doing things differently was the basis for forming Mountain River Financial and continues to be today. Our key differentiators are:
- We are a fiduciary, meaning we're legally bound to always put our client's interests first
- We utilize technology to reduce costs and pass those savings to our clients
- We are fee-only and charge a more client-friendly, sensible fee
- We adhere to an evidence-based, academically rooted investment philosophy
We work with six-figure earners and families looking for help navigating the opportunities associated with higher levels of income. Our typical client is a good saver who is interested in coordinating their income, assets, and employer benefits into a cohesive plan aimed at building wealth and attaining financial freedom. The clients we work best with typically:
- Want a healthy balance between enjoying today and being smart about tomorrow
- Live within their means
- View their time, health, and freedom as their most important resources
- Are in a high tax bracket and want to reduce their tax burden
- Maintain a long-term approach to investing
- Believe markets are very difficult to beat consistently and place greater importance on controlling risks, expenses and taxes
We don't pick stocks, time the market, or otherwise try to add value through prediction-based investment approaches. We aren't the right firm for anyone looking for those services. Since we use technology extensively to help clients, we're also not a good fit for anyone who is averse to using technology.
Yes. We can easily work with clients located anywhere in the US, excluding Texas and Louisiana.
We are a fee-only financial planning and wealth management firm. Our only compensation comes directly from the clients we serve. We don't receive any commissions or sell any products. We charge clients a fixed annual fee that is paid monthly. The fee is calculated according to client net worth. Learn more here.
Schedule an introductory meeting using our online booking form. You can also reach us by phone on 267-440-7858 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're not ready to meet but want to stay in touch, feel free to sign up for our periodic newsletter at the bottom of this page, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
No. Our first meeting will be a low-key conversation where we will get to know one another and see if we are a good fit to work together. We'll get an overview of your financial situation and goals, discuss how we work with our clients, and go over our fees. Transparency is key to our approach.
Our investment philosophy is rooted in the following core tenets. Learn more here.
- Keep costs low
- Diversify as much as possible
- Maximize tax efficiency
- Embrace risks identified by academic science
- Take the long view and remove emotion from investment decisions
We don't have a minimum asset level, net worth, or income level needed to work with us. We do, however, have a minimum annual fee of $2,100 ($175 per month).
My last name Stromberg is of Swedish origin. Translated into english the name Stromberg is a combination of "River" (Strom) and "Mountain" (Berg). I also really enjoy nature and spending time outdoors.
The CFP® certification is recognized for its (1) high standard of professional education; (2) hands on practical financial planning experience; (3) stringent code of conduct and standards of practice; and (4) ethical requirements that govern professional engagements with clients. See more at: CFP Board.